Patient-level data captures encounters of the individual patient with the healthcare system. This includes prescriptions, diagnoses, procedures, physician visits, hospitalizations, lab tests, etc. To ensure anonymity of the patient, the latter is assigned a "de-identified" number. Although this number prevents one from identifying the patient (that's the goal), the same ID is used each time that patient in question interacts with the healthcare system. This is extremely powerful since this means patients can be tracked longitudinally (over time) to date, the gold standard has been physician-level data up. Patient-level data takes physician-level data one step further by specifying which patients (via de-identified ID's) get which therapy from which physician.
ITS specializes in slicing and dicing the patient level data from the Verispan and Walter Kohlers and provide necessary reports for the sales and marketing, market research, brand management, sales operations, outcomes research, R&D and clinical trials teams and enable them to make informed decisions.
Classical applications of patient-level data include:
• Compliance and Persistence
• Sources of Business (New Therapy Starts, Switching, Add-On, Continuing)
• Treatment Algorithms
• Length of Therapy
• Lifetime Value of Patient and Physician
• Patient and Physician Segmentation
• Source of Business Promotion Response
• Sales Forecasting (Based on Patients, not Rx's)
• Sales Force Sizing, Alignment, and Compensation
• Sample Optimization (Based on Patient-Base of Physician)
We have domain experts to understand and de-identify IDs from the Patient level data to specific drugs and specific clients.